|Hamachek Homework Policy|
Purpose: The purpose of homework is for students to practice skills that were learned in class. Two of these valuable skills include organization and time management.
Logistics: The homework requirements and due dates are listed below.
- Incomplete assignment or left at home: Students may turn it in the next morning and receive partial credit.
- Absence due to illness: An appropriate extension is given.
- Absence for vacation: Work is sent home after the student returns from the trip.
Home Connections (Math Worksheet)
The Home Connection is sent home after a math lesson. It is due the next morning. Challenges are optional, but encouraged.
- Students are required to attempt all problems. After attempting it, they will not be penalized for circling a question they are stumped on. We go over questions the next morning.
- Students should have learned the math skill in class. If the assignment is clearly too hard, have the student look at math notes and our Math Strategy webpage. Please write a note explaining the problem and I will help the student in the morning. Home Connections should not be a major stress point for the students.
Weekly Progress Report (WPR)
*Begins after Back to School Night*
WPRs are sent home on Friday with missing work attached and a note on the WPR. Students return WPRs on Monday with parent initials and the completed missing work is attached. Parent initials are required every week, even if there is no missing work.
- Week 1: No missing work, parent initialed, student returned WPR on time
- Week 2: Home Connection missing, parent initialed, student returned WPR on time with completed missing work
- Week 3:No missing work, parent did not initial so it does not count as properly returned
Homework Logs are every Monday. The logs are graded and sent back home that afternoon and are be due the following Monday. Reading Log, Math Log, and Grammar are always due. Both logs require a parent signature. The logs will not be accepted if it is not properly filled in (see model below).
- Math Log: 20 minutes of practice and a parent signature
- Reading Log: 100 minutes of reading, book titles and page numbers filled in, parent signature
- Grammar: the "Dear Parent" and "Challenges" are optional. The rest is required