- For each child to have a passion for learning.
- For each child to learn the power of kindness and gratitude.
- For each child to feel challenged, loved, valued, and talented.
Family & Childhood
- She has two sisters, Katie and Natalie.
- Miss Hamachek grew up in Lake Oswego.
- Her parents have an old lab, Rosie, and two spunky Siamese cats, Ellie and Zoe (both are very mischievous!).
- As a child, Miss Hamachek was a struggling reader. After many years of hard work, reading finally "clicked" and she now is a vivacious reader.
- As a child she was obsessed with bats and the book, Stellaluna.
- Miss Hamachek lives downtown Portland and loves to walk around the city. She goes to the PSU farmers market every weekend and loves to cheer on the Timbers!
- Miss Hamachek enjoys trying out new (simple) recipes!
- She spends time wake boarding and paddle boarding.
- She loves traveling! This summer she traveled to Canada, NYC, and Minnesota. Last summer she traveled around Europe with her sisters.
- This year will be Miss Hamachek's second year teaching fifth grade at Middleton! Previously she taught third grade at Edy Ridge. 2016-2017 will be her third year teaching in Sherwood.
- During her masters program, Miss Hamachek had a year long internship in a fifth grade in West Linn and also spent time in a kindergarten classroom.
- While earning her ESOL endorsement at Lewis and Clark, Miss Hamachek interned in a bilingual middle school.
- While at U of O, she interned in multiple Title I schools and a Japanese immersion school. She interned in 1st grade, 2nd grade, and a K-5th intervention program.
Going to School
- Miss Hamachek is a proud Oregon Duck!!
- Miss Hamachek is also a Lewis and Clark Pioneer (but LC's colors are orange and black...).
- Her dad is a Beaver, her mom is a Duck, her older sister is a Logger, and her younger sister is a Horned Frog.