Childhood and Family Life
- Mrs. Runckel was born in Chattanooga, Tennessee but moved to Tigard, Oregon when she was six years old.
- She has one brother younger brother named Scott (left).
- Mrs. Runckel began teaching at a very young age when she decided to line up her beanie babies and create curriculum and activities for ALL her stuffed animals.
- She adores animals. Currently, she has a cat named Teddy and a yellow lab named Bruce. Growing up she has had three labs and even a pet cow named Rosie!
- Mrs. Runckel loves the outdoors. Whenever possible she goes to her family's ranch to get a taste of life "off the grid".
- She loves cooking and trying out recipes.
- Mrs. Runckel also enjoys playing sports whether in the water or land she is always willing to try something new!
- Mrs. Runckel taught Kindergarten at Middleton during 2015-2016 and LOVED it!
- Spring of 2015, Mrs. Runckel had the opportunity to substitute at Middleton.
- Last year, she student taught third grade at a bilingual elementary school as well as an arts focused elementary school in first grade.
- She has been fortunate to tutor kinder and 1st grade students in reading at University of Oregon's Center for Teaching and Learning.
- Mrs. Runckel has volunteered providing intervention in
a variety of classrooms ranging from Kindergarten to 4th grade for many years.
- Mrs. Runckel attended University of Oregon for her undergraduate degree (GO DUCKS)!
- She earned her Masters in Teaching at the University of Portland.
- Her mom and dad are Portland State Vikings and her brother is an Oregon State Beaver (makes for some great family rival :) ).