The Brown Bag Lunch is a chance for families and children to enjoy a picnic atmosphere at school. You may buy a brown bag lunch for your child, or for any other family member attending. Click here to order on-line. Lunch includes: turkey sandwich, chips, baby carrots, dessert and juice. Cost: $2.85 student and $4.25 adult (greater quantity). Cost will be deducted from the student’s lunch money account. Add funds in advance as needed. Orders should be in by Monday 5/19. Alternatively, please plan to either pack your child a lunch and/or bring one for anybody attending. (We will be giving Subway a head's up;)
What to bring: besides food, lawn chairs or picnic blankets -- we are eating on the grassy area outside of the library.
When to arrive: allow enough time to get parked and squared away before your child's lunch time. Lunch schedule for each grade:
· 2nd Grade: 11:20 - 11:40
· 3rd Grade: 11:30 - 11:50
· 4th Grade: 11:40 - 12:00
· 5th Grade: 11:50 - 12:10
· 1st Grade/Full Day Kinders: 12:05 - 12:25
Where to go: in the office grab a check-in sticker, and
then head directly down the primary hallway toward the exit near the portables.
1. We will use the existing recess and lunch schedule, with the same coverage and duty responsibilities for staff. There will be no siblings or parents at recess.
Students will play on the playground, and then line up, by class, on the sidewalk between A/B pods and the portables. Signs will have class names on them.
2. Lunches will be delivered to that same point, including bag lunches purchased from cafeteria.
Parents will be directed down the A/B corridor to meet their students at that point.
3. Parents will then take their students to a place in the “grassy quad” area.
4. There will be a designated (and taped off) “pick-up area” with line-up spots marked with signs showing teacher names. Classes will line up at the end of lunch, and parents taking children home will sign them out with classroom teachers. Teachers will have a list of their class and a highlighter to note students departing early.
5. Classes returning to classrooms will use the pod C/D entry.
Thanks for helping to make this a success!